Go down
View user profile

1/20 Opening Round at ACP

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:31 pm
I hope it was a grand event! I'm sorry I couldn't make it but I'll be over this cold soon Sad
How was the changes in the track....what are the changes in the track?
Can't wait to see the results and the race report with the move ups and being the first event of this series!
View user profile

Re: 1/20 Opening Round at ACP

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:00 pm
Well,

For the first time ever in my 11 years riding with the club we were the very last race. I plan or running the Canyon EZ-UP series, I will be there tomorrow. Not sure I will be able to make any more of the SMX races, it depends on how many experts will show up to future events at ACP? I guess I should stop telling people it they join our club we get a separate practice and a early moto, I sure the separate practice is next to go! I will miss racing on that track its a blast.

#144 GO-GO Gettinger.
View user profile

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:31 pm
Sounds like a low turn out in the expert class?
How did you like the track changes, more/less technical, longer/shorter?
View user profile

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 am
The track was great and the layout was fun. We had six guys in the expert class, seems a littler harder to pass now that the track is more high speed. We were blasting past the lower classmates, and with this design we need a separate race. ACP had races for guys with just 3 or 4 machines, however they will not split us up? The thing that's really bothersome is we requested a early moto and was purposely placed in the last moto. I really had a blast after the gate dropped and the racing was excellent and fun, I got bad starts and got last and last, I was able to beat my shadow thanks to the sun location. I will race there again however it will be where the competition is (AZOT or the 50+ SMX class), not racing AZOT will not impact us financially all the money goes to ACP. I hope to see you a Canyon during the next race.
View user profile

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 pm
I surprised you finished 6th, you usually do quite well, but as long as their is no crashes/injuries then all is well. I'm sure you be back up front next race!
As for not race AZOT and doing the 50+ acp class, I understand the wanting to race where the riders are. So here is a perspective, if a new rider is considering joining AZOT one of the things they will likely look at (I know I do) is how many riders are in "my" class. If there are plenty then it's an interesting club to join. If there are very few then it's less appealing. So although your entry fee may not impact the club your not being present in the class may. I for one look at the master class and think if I can get my speed up enough to move to that class will i have people enough to race with.
Admin
View user profilehttp://azot-mx.forumotion.com

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:37 pm
we missed you yesterday Brian, same with Larry! The weather wasn't as cold as I was expecting, not too bad though the breeze picked up- it wasn't as bad down at the track as i felt up in the parking lot. Like Scott said- we were last moto, good news is that there was only 9 moto's so it was good to be last today- haha. As far as the track- it was pretty much the same, i will post up a race video in a little while- it can take some time to upload at times.. anyways here is the results.
Admin

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 pm
i am sure everyone is anxiously waiting... moto 1 tongue
The new section... pretty straightforward back and forth with a single  at the entrance and a small table on the exit. It is on a slight bend which makes it a little more interesting.
There will be an noisy 2 stroke 125 - it makes a brief cameo and checks out. Also, that shiny new Honda comes thru and makes a pass which i was not expecting...  moto 1 was typical to our class- a good start can make your moto much nicer. great ride by Hession imo, i dont know his age but they guy can get great starts and runs  a super solid pace!
Admin

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 pm
Moto 2 second verse - almost the same as the first
View user profile

on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 pm
Liked the videos! I can see the changes I missed out on Smile I hope to make the next one!
View user profile

on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:23 pm
Well, its a good thing we get an extra lap, Andy's motos we 8 minutes 45 seconds.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum