AZOT Motocross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bartlett 311

9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener Empty 9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 pm
Wow! What a turn out of riders this weekend, AZOT had a good turn out too!

I'm tired and sore from the racing and the heat, I had a blast anyway. My thanks to Scott Gettinger for the loan of a Helmet, goggles and gloves....some dope (me) locked their keys in their  truck just before the moto and couldn't get to their gear. Scott jumped into action to save my weekend! Thank goodness I had AAA, they came and opened up my truck before the 2nd moto.

It was good to see everyone after our break, and it was great to see one of my old race competitors, Jim George, from back in my younger...and quicker days Smile Jim is always a great competitor, welcome to the AZOT club!
Jim George
Jim George

9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener Empty Re: 9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 am
Hello Bryan,
Thank you for the shout out and it was good to see an ol friend at the Track!

Had a good time, way out of shape and now I know what I need to work on going forward.

I enjoyed the racing in my class and I got real lucky on Saturday with my finish!   Felt and looked like a Desert Tortoise out there... LOL.

At least I can still start and the rest will follow.

Very Happy
Bartlett 311

9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener Empty Re: 9/22 ACP Race - 2018 Fall Series Opener

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm
Jim, I saw your first moto, you looked good for coming off an 8yr (I think you said it was) layoff. I didn't get a chance to watch your 2nd moto due to the keys in the truck thing, but I see that you got the overall! Wow! You''re way ahead of me, when I first started back all I was doing was getting in the way of all the Intermediates..lol! They were killing me! After a few races things began to come back and my results got better. You'll be speeding along even more in just a few races I'm sure What a Face
Jim George
Jim George

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:47 pm
Thank you Bryan!

Yes it's been at least 8 to 10 years since I rode on a track and last race was in 2004.  Just started riding again and on a Dirt Bike or a track 2 weeks prior to this race after my time off.  My throat was on fire after lap 3 in moto one and lap 2 in moto 2... Yikes.. breathing too hard.... LOL.

Definitely not the fastest, just got a lucky roll of the Dice on Saturday.  Just need more seat time and get in better shape.  This 57 year old has his work cut out to catch the BB311 Rabbit next season!  Wink

Oh yea... don't lock your keys in the Truck again..... I need you to throw mud clods at me during my moto (from the sideline for now)!  Very Happy

Jim.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum