Go down
View user profile

Hello AZOT group

on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:15 am
Hello AZOT group.  I just signed up (on the board, need to do a membership soon) to see what's happening with the older AZ Moto guys.  Some of you I know (Ed Fodish) and have known for quite awhile and even raced with (Bryan Bartlett & Doug Goodman & Rick Nagle) in the past (80's and early 90's), and Larry Thurman sounds familiar From Canyon in the 80's?....   before I moved to Arkansas in 96 and stopped racing in 2004.  After that I focused my time with my two youngest boys Zach & Trace (now 21 & 20) and my oldest Stepson Blake Keeton (35) helping them along the Moto scene in AR, TX, OK, MS, TN, MO etc.  All three have made it to Loretta Lynn's with Blake & Zach finishing in the top 10 for their classes and Trace a 27th OA in 2016.  Blake still makes it there and races in the +25 & +30 classes.

I / we moved back to AZ in July of 2014, the boys raced quite a bit then, but their racing has tapered off some with girlfriends etc. but still ride when they can.

Soooo now it's my time to get a chance to come out and play in the Dirt... once again!  So I hope to get out to ACP this weekend (if all goes well) to get some seat time on the Vet Track on our 06 YZ 250 Two Smoke that I have been getting set up form me to ride / race.

Look forward to seeing old Moto friends and making some new ones.

Jim George
aka Sir George.

Last edited by Jim (Sir) George on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Re: Hello AZOT group

on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:22 pm
Jim,

Here is the fall series schedule. Hope to see you out there. You can print off a membership application and mail it in, our sign up at any of the races. Just look for any of the board members. Hopefully we will be pitted in the same general area. My bike has number 200 on it and ill have membership applications.

Round 1: 9/22 ACP (SMX track)
Round 2: 10/7 Ocotillo
Round 3: 10/21 Canyon
Round 4: 10/28 ACP (Main track)
Round 5: 11/4 Canyon
Round 6: 11/17 ACP (SMX track)
Round 7: 11/18 Canyon
Round 8: 12/2 Ocotillo
Round 9: 12/15 ACP (SMX track)

Best 6 of 9 races count towards your overall Fall Series results.

Thanks
Ron March
AZOT President

View user profile

on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:04 pm
Hello Ron,
Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

Jim.
View user profile

on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm
WoW! Jim George! YES! I recognize the name, I'm sure I won't recognize the face but racing together again will certainly be fun! That 06 will look in it's proper place next me on my 06 crf450...so no worries on the bikes age. Those yz's were no sluggs!

Larry Thurman and I typically carpool out to these races, so you'll easily find him as well. One of my friend's, Darren Weise is racing too, not sure if that's a name you'll recognize as well.
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 am
Sounds good Bryan!

Met your Cousin / Nephew Odin a few years back at Freestone, either a LL's Regional or the Spring Championship, he was racing with my boy Zach, probably 2011 or 2012 time frame.  I saw the name Bartlett from Eloy and asked if they were related to Brian.  Small world of Moto out there.

As far as our racing together it was the early 90's in Tucson, Eloy and maybe Canyon in the +25 class.  So it's been a few years!  LOL.  #650 on the RM 250 back then.

Plan to race / ride on the 22nd and get my feet wet in the Int group to start with, for now I will have the #86 on the YZ Smoker... just look for the Orange Giraffe!  lol!

Photo from last weeks practice at ACP, first track time since like 2008 or 2009.  Felt good to ride again but have a ways to go (IMO).

See you at the track.
Jim.

Last edited by Jim (Sir) George on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:44 am
I look forward to seeing you at ACP. I'm running my old number again, 311 on 06 crf450 (my name is on my front plate).
Larry, Darren and I just started back about Oct of last yr with the AZOT. My conditioning and speed were non existent .. and embarrassing. lol
I struggled in the Int class but finally was able to work my way up to the expert class, I hope I can continue to improve...but I'm not 25 anymore so no promises there.
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 pm
Sounds good and should be fun! See you then.
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:08 pm
What number are ya sportin on the yz?
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm
#86 for now...  something different than my past numbers and one that would not conflict with others (I hope)  LOL.

Bryan.... Is this board always so quiet?  I know it is an "Old Timers"  moto board, but sure is quiet.

Last edited by Jim (Sir) George on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:43 pm
Doh! .. I just noticed you posted your on #86 earlier on..lol
Yeah...it's really quiet.
I think the only notifications that folks receive that a post has happen in a thread is if they actually post a comment themselves. I kinda stumbled on to your post when I decided to check here out of the blue. Now that I've posted, I get email notices that someone (in this case it's been you) has posted to this topic/thread.

I wished I got notices on any post that happens.
View user profile

on Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:07 pm
LOL... sounds good Bryan.  Looks like you and I are the only active members for the past two weeks!  You could get notices but no one is posting anything other than us.

I am use to other National Moto Boards where topics change and peeps argue and fuss daily over nothing...!  

All is good, see you Saturday?

Last edited by Jim (Sir) George on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm
I plan on Saturday. unfortunately Larry will be out of town and Darren is getting over a knee issue so you won't be seeing them out there this weekend. What class will you be running?
View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:26 am
AZOT Int for now, just to get my feet wet back into racing, been 15 years since my last race and this will be a gauge of where I am and what I need to do going forward.

Only been on a bike the last two weekends after 12 years of no riding. LOL.

Should be fun, see you Saturday.
View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:18 am
That's exactly what I did as well. My first couple of races people would pass me and I'd sayto myself "I can go fast than that...just not right now"..lol. I had zero endurance, I couldn't stand up after 2 laps nor could I breath, and no matter what I did I couldn't get any flow or speed. Each race I improved a bit....still hoping to improve some more.
View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 am
LOL... I hear ya. My timing is off and trying to figure out what works better for line choice. Endurance not bad but can be better for sure. Like you said... "I can go fast than that...just not right now". Yep!

Just going to take it easy (I say that now) but when the gate drops we'll see... probably drop Anchor after lap 2! LOL. Just going to feel weird for the first few races (I think) maybe not.

I rode the last two weekends at ACP to dial in the bike and get a feel for riding again, so we will see where we are after Saturday. Things seem to happen faster right now than what I remember (older age I guess) and races are different than practice days for sure

Bev said the group all the AZOT riders by Skill level, no age group, (at the INT Race events they do age & skill). Do they combine the class with other AZOT Classes or with the SMX Classes? No biggie either way just curious, most likely a raceday decision depending on the number of riders in each class.

View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm
Yea, when the gate drops the mind set changes for sure..lol

Azot have separate motos from the regular racers so it's only us against us. Usually everyone is in 1 race but a dual gate with experts & masters on the first gate drop.
View user profile

on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm
Ok cool, thank you for the info, should be FUN!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum