Go down
View user profile

march 10/11th:Azot International

on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:26 pm
Wow! What a great, well run event! Thank you all involved and to all that participated!
I had a blast, although I had serious doubts about making it through 3 long motos in a single day...somehow I got through it ..lol

Share your story...the most exciting moments during your race, both great moments and moments you thought you made the biggest mistakes of the moto lol!
View user profile

Re: march 10/11th:Azot International

on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:06 pm
I would like to thank Andy, his wife and all the AZOT crew for putting on a wonderful event! Everyone worked so hard and the Track was great too! But of course I really really liked the Mexican food even though I shouldn't have eaten the Jalapeno pepper. We all had a great time. Very Happy
Admin
View user profilehttp://azot-mx.forumotion.com

on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 pm
what a crazy event-lol
Let me take you to early in the week- my 1 weather check said sunny and 80 degrees all w/e. didnt bother to check after that.. why would expect anything different Cool
Wednesday- pick up trophies- looking cool... everything on plan.
Thursday- Call photographer.. he is cancelling Evil or Very Mad   Go pick up shirts... standing there in horror- wrong color printed No  My good friend Jay from JayRey graphics says let me handle it...
Search desperately for replacement photo guy- Jason from Pronto Pics says he can do it.. cheers
Friday- things seem to be ok despite the event shirts.. get a call from Jay mid morning.. shirts will be done today. Carl picks them up at 2pm and heads to the track.. whew! disaster averted.. if i only knew what was in store..
Saturday am, everything going well, lots of people at entry. Riders meeting good, John Gilbert and Virgil Hernandez do an awesome rendition of the National Anthem on their guitars!! everyone seems excited and ready.
Racing begins, Moto 1 and 2 are a scoring nightmare.. literally cant figure it out.. re-did it 10 times on/off that day trying to get it right.. it backs us up in scoring and we never get out of the hole until the races stop. After rnd 2 expt 50 class we had a visit and an _ss chewing from the medical crew.. not fun. Then there was the water truck... let's leave this right here... Dinner was good as usual and the tent was a great place to enjoy it in. Bummer we couldnt have sx inside the tent.. would of been epic!
A huge thank you to Tim/Terry Kennedy for the tents, he also stepped up and had the "Welcome Int'l Racers" sign made up that posted in the infield. Very Generous and gracious! There was also Dave Kennedy, neat guy, dirt biker... check, singer... check, plays piano... check and a heck of a nice guy! I really had a great time talking to him. The Gaddis family let us mount the Canadian Flag to their motorhome which was very cool of them to do. They are also very nice people!
Speaking of thanks, a big thanks to my wife who let's me do this moto thing and for putting up with the whole Int'l. It is alot of behind the scenes work. it's amazing  she deals with me this time of year-lol! We had Carl/Bonnie, John Dolan, Mark/Cynthia, Daniel Barker & family, Scott/Michelle Gettinger, my son Jordan flagging the race, his buddy Keedin for operating the gate, Colt White jumped in and helped, Melissa Garza helped a bunch in scoring as did Bonnie. Michele Gettinger was policing the brownies in the food line-haha. Our group always pulls together- make sure you guys thank them-it goes a long way!
Sunday rain, the mood was we have had enough.. time to go home.lol
We picked up our mess and headed home...
A big thanks to all the racers.. cant have an event w/o them. we truly appreciate it! I am sure i forgot a few...
View user profile

on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am
Wow, just being a participant, I didn't know all the issues behind the scenes! You guys made it look smooth to me with no more hiccups than at other Internationals!
I can't say enough about how much fun we had so thanks to all that worked so hard to make this happen.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum